This may sound strange, but I am an extremely optimistic person. I am a firm believer in the idea that things ALWAYS work out. And, my own life experience has confirmed this. I have never known defeat, and have every expectation that this ‘track record’ will continue.
After all, if God be for us, who can be against?
So, although 99% of my articles deal with a dark and terrible future, you will not find ‘defeatism’ anywhere in those articles. If you have placed yourself in God’s hands, failure will never happen. It just can’t – which is why you should never make it an option.
Subscribe to The Shock Letter and receive my articles in your inbox:
You CANNOT Fail
I was reminded of this idea after listening to an interview with one of my favorite people, James Wesley Rawles.
James is serious about disaster. He writes books. He has a blog. He does interviews. And, he talks about the unimaginable. But, you never hear a word of defeat or failure come out of his mouth. A man like James never fails.
For people like James, failure is just not an option. The only way to stop him is to kill him, and I wouldn’t want to bet on your chances of doing that.
So, how about you?
If you’re a true Christian, you should also be optimistic. You know that disaster is coming, but you also know that God has a plan – and that you are a part of that plan.
If you don’t know that… well, I think that we have some work to do.
Are you reading your Bible?
READ. YOUR. BIBLE.
The surest way to make failure an integral part of your life is to deny yourself the knowledge of God. You cannot win without God, and you can’t have God unless you believe and obey what He tells you. And you can’t know what to believe or how to obey, unless you know what the Bible says.
Do you want the direction of God in your life?
Read. Your. Bible.
But, you’re ahead of me. You’re reading through your Bible every year, and loving it. But, you’re still deer-in-the-headlights petrified by the thought of what’s coming. And, I get that.
Seriously, I’ve had my fair share of moments like that. So, I’ll let you in on a secret for getting un-petrified:
Know your options and choose one. And, you can’t know your options unless you’re loading up on relevant information.
James Rawles has a reading list on his site that is exceptional. Get those books and read them.
Here are his must-have books:
- KJV Version Reference Bible with Apocrypha
[I currently do not agree with the Apocrypha – JL]
- First Aid — (American Red Cross Handbook) Responding To Emergencies
- Strategic Relocation–North American Guide to Safe Places by Joel and Andrew Skousen
- Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook by David Werner
- Where There Is No Dentist by Murray Dickson
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living (Tenth Edition) by Carla Emery (See review, below)
- Making the Best of Basics – Family Preparedness Handbook by James Talmage Stevens
- Ball Blue Book of Preserving
- Cookin’ with Home Storage by Vicki Tate
- Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson H. Kearney (Available for free download.)
- The Alpha Strategy by John Pugsley. (Out of print, but a PDF is available for free download.)
- Boston’s Gun Bible by Boston T. Party (See review, below)
- Survival Guns by Mel Tappan
- Tappan on Survival by Mel Tappan
And THAT is just the beginning. You can find the rest of his list here:
Okay, so you have the knowledge part down pat. You’re ready to go. In fact, the garage is packed with survival gear, and you’ve changed your name to Rambo.
Whoa. Not so fast. There’s one more thing that you MUST have:
As they say in the business world, it’s not ‘what you know’ that matters most, but ‘who you know’. This is especially true for those of you with few resources.
If you are to have any chance of survival, you cannot do it alone. You MUST reach out to those of like mind and faith.
Allow me to turn to James Wesley Rawles again. He has a list of sites that will help you connect with others who are trying to do the same thing – prepare for what’s coming. He even includes links for those of you who are single. Here’s the list of links:
[from JWR] I recommend nine web sites (seven free and two paid) for making connections–whether you are looking to join or form a retreat group, or even for someone looking looking for a “prepper” spouse. They are:
- The Prepper Groups [“Meet-up”] web page–a free service courtesy of the folks at PrepperBooks.com. BTW, if you use this service, then please give PrepperBooks.com some business. Buy a couple of books. They have a great selection.
- ChristianMingle.com (a paid matchmaking service–based on in-depth questionnaires)
- FarmersOnly.com is an online dating-type site that caters to: “Farmers, Ranchers, Ag Students and all of Agriculture, Horse, Livestock Owners and all Animal Lovers, Cowboys, Cowgirls, Rodeo Fans and Country Wannabes”
- Chris Martenson’s Resilient Life Groups Page.
There’s more than just the above, and you can find it all, here:
Please, reach out to others and become a part of a like-minded group. If you don’t want failure to be one of your options, you must make connections.
Even if you think that there’s little or no hope for survival, go out and connect, anyway. I know that the future looks grim, but there are ways around what is coming. Connecting with others will help you find that way out.
By the way, here’s the video that got me thinking:
YouTube shortlink: http://youtu.be/fpPqiJNapro
What an awesome title for a video discussing preparedness – proceed with prayer.
Remember what Jesus said when his fearful disciples asked how they should prepare for what is coming:
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. – Luke 21:36
If you have repented of your sins and placed your life in the hands of God… If you have accepted the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for you, in your place… If you have taken up your cross and followed Him… If you love God more than anything or anyone in this world…
If you watch and pray to be worthy to escape these things that shall come to pass…
…then, You. Cannot. Fail.
Are you ready for this?
(That’s a link. Do more than just think about it.)
If you find a flaw in my reasoning, have a question, or wish to add your own viewpoint, leave a comment on the website. Your input is truly welcome.
Click the following link and SHOCK your inbox with The Shock Letter: